Demonstrations and Workshops
We are welcoming applications for Demonstrations and Workshops. Please familiarize yourself with the information and guidelines below before making an application. The deadline for application is March 31.
- December 3, 2021 Friday, 13:00 – 17:00
- Conference Room 4, Nara Kasugano International Forum IRAKA, 101 Kasuganocho, Nara 630-8212, Nara Prefecture.
- To present a demonstration or workshop, the applicant must first make a proposal, see below.
- Demonstrations and workshops must be related to mokuhanga, Japanese woodblock printmaking.
- Each presentation will be limited to a maximum of two hours, which will include time for translation into Japanese.
- The presenter must bear the cost of required tools and materials. Work tables will be provided.
- Once a proposal has been accepted, the applicant needs to pay a fee of JP¥5000 in addition to the conference registration fee, which must be paid to fully confirm acceptance. Payment must be made through PayPal to the following PayPal account .
Making a proposal:
- An abstract of the demonstration or workshop limited to 3000 characters (around 300 words) in English or Japanese.
- Applicant’s biography in 1000 characters (around 100 words).
- Applicant’s passport-size portrait, maximum file size 1MB jpeg
- Three digital images in JPEG format, maximum file size 1MB each.
- The demonstration or workshop will be limited to a maximum of 2 hours. Extensions will not be allowed.
Note: Once a proposal for a demonstration or workshop has been accepted, presenters will be required to pay a fee of JP¥5000 in addition to the conference fee and register in order to conduct the demonstration or workshop at the conference. The deadline for applications is March 31.